Sunday, September 06, 2009

Electric Dreams Series 2 with Phil Oakey 'Yorkshire Tea and Little Boots'

Hi-ya! How've yer been? I've had a right couple of mad months, me! I'll get to that in a bit. First of all welcome to me second series on this blog. Smirnov Kool has granted me a second season. (He's said he's not been arsed with this blog for a few months) The first series isn't out on DVD yet and Mr Kool can't afford to pay me but since I had a right laugh last time, I thought I could tell yer what I've been up to.

In the first series of 'Electric Dreams' I gave you some of my lifestyle tips and advice about a number of things...In this series I'll like to tell yer what I've been up to and get a few things off me chest.

Yorkshire tea. It's my second favourite tea, you know. When I'm in York I think nowt about popping into 'Betty's Tea' rooms and having a cuppa. You'd think that being Phil Oakey I can just push in front of the queue and shout 'Scuse me, make way...I'm Phil Oakey...here comes the Mirror Man...' but no, I'm not like that. Anyway, why couldn't the makers pick me to do the adverts instead of John Shuttleworth? Don't get me wrong, I like the bloke but come on, he's not as modern as me, is he? I wear nice shirts from Duffer, he got his from Greenwoods. As for my favourite brand of tea, well, the girls and I loved this blend of tea a fan of ours who lived in Bristol used to send us in the 80s . Can't for the life of me think what brand it is. The fan has since died so I never got to find out. Shame.

As you can from the attached pic I came across on Google images me and Little Boots have been getting down together. She was right grateful when I allowed her the privilege of laying down some vocals for our duet 'Symmetry'. She's fucking boss, though isn't she, is our Victoria? Love her album. That song called 'Symmetry' ain't too bad either? Hey, if you're reading this Little Boots how's about doing a duet on 'All I Ever Wanted' from the last League album, 'Secrets' for our next tour, or perhaps a stand alone digital single? Just give me a bell, love and we'll talk.

My talents were also added to The Pet Shop Boys album, 'Yes' on the track 'This Used To Be The Future'. Why it ended up on the second Limited edition disc instead of Legacy wasn't my decision, pal. I reckon that Brian Higgins (they all call him Hitler Higgins in the industry by the way) was responsible for the sequencing. Still folks, see if you can get hold of the mp3 79p from iTunes. It's right good. The best Pet Shop Boys track I've heard for years to be honest.

If you're all interested in electronic pop music I'll be on that programme 'Synth Britannia' in a few weeks on BBC 4. Make a note.

Right folks, that's it for now. I've got to put me tea on now...I'm havin' sweet and sour chicken and chunky chips. Boss!

'We'll always be together'
x

Phil

No comments: